look at lymphedema from a whole new perspective, the arm itself. a satirical look into having secondary lymphedema from breast cancer. swell up with excitement and squeeze yourself silly... my one arm is going to change the way you see lympies.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturday Mornings


What my family imagines breakfast should be...



for starters...


What I imagine breakfast should be...



bowl optional



Reality...


For some reason these people think I should feed them. To make them feel special, on Saturdays, I treat the family to a larger than normal breakfast. No cereal from the box today!

The common denominator of Saturday breakfasts:




But for me bacon comes at a cost:

1. Be prepared to flip. repeat. flip. repeat. swell. flip. repeat.




2. Bacon grease. Never get dressed before cooking bacon. Naked bacon cooking sounds dangerous, but when I get dressed in a sleeve - it gets ruined.




3. Again, bacon grease. Be prepared to dodge and burn. Grease splatters are notorious pain poppers or better known as Bacon Kisses.




I could become a vegetarian, but the other people in the house might revolt... I think I hear them chanting "Bacon" right now...

And veggies, well they take work too. This mornings potato-hash sounds simple, but it takes a lot of work...




All that cutting is showing me how lazy my other hand is. Seriously, it sits there and "holds" the potato. Like holding is work. Please!




3 potatoes & 1 onion later...




In the end, the whole family was so overjoyed and busy stuffing their faces that they must have forgot to say "Thank You"...




No comments:

Post a Comment